Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I hear you say it play it smart girl

I finished my portfolio today (PHEW), so I took the evening off to make......
It had to happen. :P I love Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli's work more than anything else in the art world. Princess Mononoke is the reason I started imitating anime and manga styles, studying Japanese, writing stories for comics, and eventually drawing comics. Nausicaa is my favorite of all of the Ghibli movies, and my favorite Ghibli character. I drew her here at the base of the poisoned forest, in the outfit she wore in the manga for this scene.
If it's humanly possible, you can bet I'll be in the panel Miyazaki speaks at this week in San Diego, and I will bring this on the sliver of a chance that I can give it to him. >3< I'll watercolor it tomorrow (and hopefully not destroy it with my developing watercolor skills :P), then scan the final version for y'all.

No comments: