Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Comic-Con 2009: Celebrities

I was kind of surprised at myself, but seeing famous people at Comic-Con was really exciting! I think that some of my favorite moments were meeting and seeing celebrities.

So at the Warner Brother's panel, obviously, there was Robert Downey Jr., Rachel McAdams, Megan Fox, Mila Kunis, Denzel Washington, Gary Oldman, Cameron Diaz, and James Marsden, and that was really cool, but I explained that in my post here.

Oni Press, United Talent Agency, and Entertainment Arts threw a party Friday night with a star-studded guest list, and I got to meet Masi Oka from Heroes and Enver Gjokaj and Fran Kranz from Dollhouse. They were all so cool!!!! I could not believe they were even putting up with some fangirl at an after-hours party, but they were really kind and unassuming and willing to talk about their shows with me. I really appreciated it! And if I liked those shows before, you can bet I'm even more excited for the new seasons knowing that the cast members are so cool! <3
Joss and Zack Whedon, Dichen Lachman, Alan Tudyk, and Maurissa Tancharoen were also at that party, but I was too shy to do anything other than creepily stare. *face palm* Apparently Zachary Quinto was there, too, but I didn't see him, and I kind of died inside when I found out the next day. Still, same party, right?!

And of course, our man Hayao Miyazaki was the cherry on my Comic-Con sundae. Being so close to him at the Disney/Pixar panel was AMAZING. It actually meant something to me to see him in person and hear his voice, even with the availability of interview footage, etc. in our day and age. It felt magical, to be honest. <3 Best decision ever to camp out for that panel.

No comments: