Monday, April 6, 2009

Blog Every Day April: 6

Oy, do I have a headache today. Not a migraine, thank goodness, but a bad headache. It hurts my soul to say this, but I think the good weather is to blame! It was so bright outside today that I really hurt my eyes biking home. But lesson learned---always carry sunglasses! More sleep would probably not hurt, either.

Lately I have been thinking a lot about my senior thesis. It's a huge project required for graduation from the honors college, and they have very high expectations for the quality of the work...especially for creative projects like I want to do (read: comic 8D). I will probably not present it until spring or fall of 2010, but I felt the need to get a head start on it.
I want to tie my thesis in with my Japanese major, and I think I have found a professor from the department to mentor me! I met with her today and was so pleased with our conversation--she is an expert in Japanese film and literature, and is also knows a lot about manga and the Japanese culture and language. It was very helpful to talk with her through a basic strategy for approaching my thesis project. I was impressed when I heard how many students she has mentored for the HC thesis before, especially considering how few HC students are Japanese majors at all. She also seems very sweet, wise, and easy to talk to. Needless to say, I am relieved, and looking forward to working with her on my thesis next year!

I have a ton of homework to do now, and then want to get to bed early and get up with enough time to pack a good lunch. I almost died last Thursday--I have to be on campus from 10-4 on Tues/Thurs, and I forgot a lunch! I literally came home, at some grapes, and passed out from exhaustion! No good!!!!

No comments: