Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I do declare I'm in a state

Periscope went to the zoo today to draw the animals from life!



I like drawing adults holding children to practice weight.



The top right drawing is an example of what happens when someone knows I'm drawing them. My high school art teacher taught me that once someone makes eye contact with you 3 times, it's time to drop it and move on.





The polar bear was probably my favorite animal to draw today. That arched nose and the multiple head bumps are really interesting, and the way their massive weight shifts when they walk, swim, and stand up is really striking. I can't believe how long their necks appear when they stretch their heads up!









That's 'knows'. (-__-)




Colobus monkeys are awesomely fun to draw. I can draw nothing if I can't draw long, trailing hair.



Here is where my blood sugar dipped dangerously low.


Bleh.

1 comment:

Pj Perez said...

I love that even your life drawing retains your very distinctive style.