Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How hard must I try for you?

It's the first Wednesday of the term, and I am going to try to fulfill one of my goals: to leave Wednesdays as completely sacred, free days for working on my thesis. I did all of my homework for Thursday last night before bed, so today is wide open for the thesis (with breaks throughout the day for a work-out and meals). As a reward, I'm going to have a second cup of coffee at Starbucks and work there until I need to come home. Let's see how it goes!

Here are some things I did this morning:

Urban landscapes kill me, but this comic is a challenge on purpose! I can't draw planes well yet, either, but this script will force me to learn.


Here's a set of thumbnails. I stay very loose at this stage, just trying to figure out the page layout, the size and shape of the panels, and basic blocking of characters and setting. I usually write notes in the margins instead of correcting things at this size (2.5"x3.5" makes for tedious drawing).

No comments: