Wednesday, November 4, 2009

"You're out living it up today, I've got dues to pay"


Middleman, rag doll, Keyboard Cat, and Bad Robot


With 'off the res' Emi

I had a FAB Halloween weekend in Portland, Medicine Fridaying myself back to health, sketching it up with sketchgroup, cheering on the Ducks to glorious victory, and, cough, blacking out at Halloween on Hawthorne. Now I'm back at school, and things just keep getting gradually busier!

Still working on most of the same art projects, with Wonder Woman and Monsters & Dames squared away, a new commission for next month, and that children's book project for school. Between Gears needs to kick into gear and catch up, but since it comes after my paid work, that's just got to wait a little longer. Still, there were 5 new pages yesterday if you missed it.

It's also time to write the story that I want to turn into a comic for my senior thesis. I present my prospectus on November 30, so time is short to research, write, and practice. I have 10 books checked out, with 10 more waiting for me at the library. Since 'research' is reading Scott McCloud's Understanding Comics and The Art of Howl's Moving Castle, I don't mind at all. :P

I'm still applying for JET, little by little, and allllmost have all of my outside forms gathered, which is the most stressful part.

I'm stressed out by all of these moving parts (oh yeah, and there's CLASS, too), but each area is fun in its own right. Got to keep a tight schedule and make sure that everything happens on time and WELL!

3 comments:

Bren said...

Scott McCloud is pretty awesome. Reading his books actually was what got me the confidence to start In the Air :)

Sounds like you got a lot of work ahead of you! All the best! I know you'll do great work, as always ^_^

I've been wondering lately what your plans for Out of Place are? This is purely for curiosity's sake - I know you're doing many projects at the moment that take top priority. ^_^

I'm cheerin' for you!!

ps: sweet costumes!! :D

Natalie Nourigat said...

Thanks, Bren!

I am done with Out of Place. I wrote the plot so long ago, and drew it over so many years, the original idea got extremely skewed. It's time to start over fresh. I'll keep it on Wirepop as long as George has a use for it, and then bury it @__@

I'm cheering for you, too! Your work gets better and better!

Bren said...

Yes, I figured that might be the case, but I decided I wanted to ask, just to be sure. You've definitely gone leaps and bounds since posting OOP. :)