Monday, April 11, 2011

Love hides in a smokey light

"Being a professional is doing the things you love to do, on the days you don't feel like doing them."

I struggled with a huge art-block last week and the week before. There were several days I went to Periscope for 8 hours and didn't go home with a single usable drawing. I tried all of my usual tricks to inspire myself: exercise, reading, trying a new medium, watching a Ghibli movie...but to no avail. As much as I love that Dr. J quote, and believe it applies most of the time, once in a while you have to forgive yourself for not being able to do it. :-/

I appear to be out of my funk now, but with a heavy load of catch-up work to do. Yesterday went well. I guess I'm taking it one day at a time. I'm pretty optimistic. The excitement of Stumptown should keep the creative quadrants of my brain fueled for a while.

Have some silly comics from the last week:



(Inked by family friend Cole, an 8 year-old aspiring comic artist!)

No comments: